Purchase Advantage powered by CAFA – Louisiana Homeownership Grant
Purchase Advantage powered by CAFA is a unique program to jump-start Louisiana homeownership through the benefit of a non-repayable homebuyers grant of up to 4% of the original mortgage amount to eligible homebuyer families in eligible parishes. The non-repayable grant is provided by Capital Area Finance Authority (CAFA).
- More than 30 authorized Louisiana parishes are eligible for the Purchase Advantage home ownership grant program *
- Income limits to determine eligibility vary by parish and scenario, sometimes resulting in no income limits *
- Eligible for primary residence only
- Eligible for first time homebuyer or repeat buyer
Benefits of Purchase Advantage
- Non-repayable homebuyers grant up to 4% of the original mortgage amount
- Options to use grant towards down payment, closing costs, etc.
- 30 year Fixed Rate
Eligible Louisiana Parishes
Acadia, Allen, Ascension, Assumption, Avoyelles, Beauregard, Caddo, Calcasieu, Cameron, DeSoto, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Evangeline, Franklin, Iberia, Iberville, Jackson, Jefferson, Jefferson Davis, Lafayette, Lafourche, Livingston, Madison, Ouachita, Point Coupee, St. Bernard, St. Helena, St. Landry, St. Martin, St. Mary, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Terrebonne, Union Parish, Vermillion, Washington, West Baton Rouge, and West Feliciana.
* The percent of downpayment assistance offered is dependent on the interest rate selected by the borrower. Approved parishes and income limits are established by CAFA and subject to change.
Swipe left to see more reviews
Janie K. GMFS Mortgage Customer
Tuesday December 4, 2018
I felt like I had 20 people working on my loan but no matter what came up they were all great! Thanks!
Andria G. GMFS Mortgage Customer
Friday November 16, 2018
Tony L. GMFS Mortgage Customer
Friday October 19, 2018
You can’t say GMFS Mortgage without thinking of Ms. Ashley and definitely Ms. Cara. They are awesome, and what has made this home buying experience such a breeze was knowing that if at anytime I had a question, either of these two women were just a phone call away when I needed them. I highly recommend GMFS Mortgage and the lovely, respectful women that work there to anyone. Gotta love both of em
Mike S. GMFS Mortgage Customer
Wednesday September 26, 2018
Made the home buying loan process easy! Great team helped me every step of the way and got me the best loan that fit my needs.
Rebecca B. GMFS Mortgage Customer
Tuesday September 4, 2018
Over 100,000 customers and $18 billion in residential mortgage funding in 23 states
Processing, underwriting, and closing under same roof means smooth & predictable closings
A+ rating with BBB and winner of Torch Award for Marketplace Trust
GMFS staff has an avg. of 14+ years of mortgage industry experience