USDA Rural Development Overview
USDA Rural Development is typically the best home loan option for first time buyers that are not military veterans, assuming the property is in an eligible rural area. USDA RD loans even offer 100 financing with no down payment. Continue reading below to learn more about USDA RD home loans, income limits & guidelines.
GMFS Mortgage has funded over 8,300 USDA Rural Development home loans.
*Due to COVID-19 pandemic, there are temporary changes regarding some qualification criteria.
Why does USDA Rural Development offer home loans?
This USDA program helps mortgage lenders work with low and moderate income families living in rural areas to make homeownership a reality. Per the USDA, providing affordable homeownership opportunities through the rural development (RD) home loan program promotes prosperity, which in turn creates thriving communities and improves the quality of life in rural areas.
USDA RD Loan Features
- 100% financing (zero money down)
- Can be used to purchase your primary residence or refinance for rate term
- Expanded qualifying ratios and flexible credit guidelines
- Must be deemed eligible rural area by USDA (check USDA RD eligibility)
- Income limits based upon the number of people living in house, varies by geographical area
- Loan up to appraisal value to finance closing costs
- RD Guarantee fee of 1% (Financeable)
Recognition for GMFS Mortgage:
- GMFS Mortgage ranked top lender in #1 Louisiana and #5 in Alabama, #10 nationwide for USDA Rural Development Loans for 2020 (source)
- GMFS Mortgage ranked top lender in #1 Louisiana and #5 in Alabama for USDA Rural Development Loans for 2019
- GMFS Mortgage Loan Officer has been verified #1 Rural Development originator in U.S. for 2016 and 2017
- June 2018: GMFS Top 25 Producer – Arkansas for the period of 10/1/15 – 9/30/17
- Fiscal year 2017: [Results not released yet]
- Fiscal year 2016: GMFS #1 Lender – Louisiana
- June 2016: Charlene Richard of GMFS Named USDA Rural Development Underwriter of the Year
- Fiscal year 2015: GMFS #1 Lender – Louisiana
Swipe left to see more reviews
Amazing experiences!! Carla was the best and helped us with the whole thing. She was there to answer all we had.
Hannah W. GMFS Mortgage Customer
Friday April 5, 2019
Aimee F. GMFS Mortgage Customer
Thursday April 4, 2019
Made the process go easy. Convenient digital signing that fit my busy work life. Awesome people
Steve M. GMFS Mortgage Customer
Tuesday April 2, 2019
We’ve had a great experience with Michelle & Kristen. They made this process easy and I will recommend GMFS Mortgage to anyone looking for a mortgage company. We are very please . Thank you guys from the bottom of our hearts. You made our dream come true!
Darlene M. GMFS Mortgage Customer
Tuesday March 26, 2019
Michelle Miller and Kristen Castille have made my experience. Very quick and easy.
Eleanor B. GMFS Mortgage Customer
Tuesday March 12, 2019
USDA RD News
Over 130,000 customers and $24 billion in residential mortgage funding in 23 states
Processing, underwriting, and closing under same roof means smooth & predictable closings
A+ rating with BBB and winner of Torch Award for Marketplace Trust
GMFS staff has an avg. of 14+ years of mortgage industry experience
*Government loans such as FHA, USDA and VA typically have more flexible guidelines than conventional loans but interest rates are typically higher.
*Not a commitment to lend. All loans subject to credit and property approval. The following terms are for illustrative purposes only. Rates, payments, and loans terms vary by consumer based on their individual qualifying information. The payment amount illustrated does not include the amounts for taxes, property insurance, or mortgage insurance.
|Loan Term||Down Payment||Annual Percentage Rate||Estimated Monthly Payment|
|30 year fixed rate||10% (90% LTV)||4.75%||$1,043|