GMFS Mortgage offers great career opportunities and is honored to be voted among the Best Places to Work and Best of the Best Mortgage Companies year-after-year!
Of our 250+ employees, a remarkable 39% have at least 5 years of career service with GMFS, while an incredible 14% have at least 10 years of career service! Current Openings
(last updated June. 2018)
- “CHANGING LIVES” is not just a slogan, it’s the core value that drives every decision and action we take
- Sept. 2016: GMFS Mortgage recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Baton Rouge (Small & Medium Size Businesses) by the Baton Rouge Business Report.
- Our avg. customer feedback rating is 4.8 stars out of 5 possible with over 2,000 customer reviews
- Multiple recognitions and awards by local voters for Best of Best Mortgage Company including recently for our Lafayette, LA and Macon, GA branches
- Since 1999, more than 89,000 customers in multiple states resulting in over $14.9 billion in funding
- Largest Louisiana operated mortgage lender
- Very experienced staff of career mortgage professionals (many with 10-20 years in the industry)
- A+ rating with Better Business Bureau and winner of their Torch Award for Marketplace Trust
- Strong record of financial and “sweat equity” community support
- GMFS employees can participate in optional “Wear Jeans to Work” payroll deduction program which raises funds throughout the year for families in need.
The Retail division of GMFS LLC is Doing Business as “GMFS Mortgage” in the states of Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi , Texas and Virginia.
Why I Work at GMFS Mortgage
“GMFS is a successful mortgage company that treats employees like professional adults and makes a difference in the community.”
Tim S. – QC, >2 years @ GMFS
“Wanting to help people get the “All American Dream”…..A House of their own.”
Jackie D. – Sales, >7 years @ GMFS
“The people and helping others.”
Lindsay S. – Operations, >4 years @ GMFS
“Started as an intern and really liked working with the people here.”
Scott M. – IT, >14 years @ GMFS
“Started in the industry as a receptionist and moved to closing.”
Lois R. – Operations, >14 years @ GMFS
“GMFS has a great team from top to bottom!”
Sherri. N – Operations, >5 years @ GMFS
“I contracted invasive West Nile and I was in a coma for a month and in rehab for over a year. Not too many companies will hold a job open for a year. So that’s pretty good, that’s the type of company we work for! It’s a big company but it’s family oriented.”
Russell C. – QC, >5 years @ GMFS