FHA 203(h) Disaster Relief Loan Overview
For disaster victims whose primary residence within a Presidentially-Declared Major Disaster Area (PDMDA) was destroyed or damaged to such an extent that reconstruction or replacement is necessary. The FHA 203h disaster loan allows these victims to more easily purchase a Single Family Property as their new principal residence.
- Purchase a home for primary residence to replace your flood damaged home.
- 100% Financing Available.
- No Down Payment required.
- Max LTV 100% of the adjusted value.
- Options available for no out-of-pocket expense.
- 15 and 30 year fixed terms available.
- FHA-approved condominium projects eligible
- New residence can be located in any jurisdiction (across county or state lines)
- 640 minimum FICO score, lender standards may also apply
- Your previous residence (owned or rented) must have been located in a Federally Declared Disaster Area and be destroyed or damaged to such an extent that reconstruction or replacement is necessary.
- Loan file must include evidence borrowers previous home was destroyed in disaster.
- The purchased property must be a Single Family Property or a unit in an FHA-approved Condominium Project.
- These loans are for principal residences only. There is an occupancy requirement for the FHA 203(h).
- Generally borrowers have up to one year from the date the disaster area was declared