Get pre-qualified with GMFS Mortgage before you start your search for your dream home. Being pre-qualified gives sellers the peace of mind knowing you will be able to get home financing after the purchase contract is signed, which can improve your negotiating position over other buyers.
Concerned about your credit score?A: Your credit score is one of the key factors in determining what type of mortgage and interest rate you qualify for. Of course, the higher your score the lower rate and more options that you may have. However, there are lots of programs available where lower credits scores are acceptable and you can accomplish your dream of home ownership. Some of these options even offer very little or no down payment. You are entitled to order a free copy of your credit report every 12 months from each of the major credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion) through www.AnnualCreditReport.com. This site is the only one that is government authorized to provide you with FREE copies of your credit report. Dispute any errors on your credit report and get them resolved as quickly as possible. Also, do not open any new accounts within at least six months of applying for a mortgage. For more tips about building or improving your credit, Get Started with GMFS Mortgage.
Concerned about saving for your down payment?A: Several home loan programs now have minimum down payment options ranging from 0%-3% of your loan amount. Keep in mind, the total cost of your financing decreases as your down payment amount increases. That being said, there are circumstances when the lower down payment options make sense as well. Your GMFS Mortgage Loan Officer can review the best options for your situation and also let you know if there are any homebuyer assistance programs featuring non-repayable grants, available in your area that you qualify for. Get Started
Are you a Louisiana first time homebuyer needing a Purchase Advantage?A: Purchase Advantage powered by CAFA is a unique program to jump-start Louisiana homeownership through the benefit of a non-repayable homebuyers grant of up to 4% of the original mortgage amount to eligible homebuyer families in eligible Louisiana parishes.
Popular Home Purchase Loans:
- A Conforming Fixed Rate loan can be used to refinance your home (max. loan amount is $453,100)
- FHA loan is typically the most flexible mortgage product with lower minimums for down payment and credit score, while allowing a higher debt-to-income (DTI) ratio
- USDA Rural Development loans offer 100% financing for properties in eligible rural area designated by USDA and can be used to purchase your primary residence or refinance for rate term
- VA loans are typically the best option for first time home buyers if one of the borrowers is a U.S. military veteran
- Purchase Advantage powered by CAFA is a unique program to jump-start Louisiana homeownership through the benefit of a non-repayable homebuyers grant of up to 4% of the original mortgage amount to eligible homebuyer families in eligible Louisiana parishes.
- 100% Financing (No Down Payment) home loan options
- See more Loan Options (e.g. First Time Buyer, Second Home/Investment property, etc.)
Home Buyer Resources
- Home Loan Process
- Calculate: How much mortgage can I afford?
- Calculate: How much mortgage can I qualify for?
- Other Mortgage Calculators
- Mortgage Educational Resources
- Providing Requested Documents
- More Home Buying Resources
Ready to get Pre-Qualified OR learn how to become eligible for a home loan?
GMFS MORTGAGE CUSTOMER REVIEWS
Very helpful and informative. Really made it understandable for us and our first house and first mortgage.
Adam G. GMFS Mortgage Customer
Mimi and her team at GMFS Mortgage are great! They addressed and answered all questions and concerns I had while under contract and made the overall home buying process a great one. Thanks again!
Jacques B. GMFS Mortgage Customer
From start to finish Stephanie, my loan rep, was absolutely great to work with. She made everything crystal clear and followed up at every step. I never had any doubts or second guesses, I felt comfortable 100% of the time. This was my third time buying a home and easily the best experience of the three. I’m very happy I chose GMFS Mortgage.
Luke I. GMFS Mortgage Customer
My home buying experience with GMFS Mortgage was a very positive one. They were professional, courteous and very responsive to my inquiries. Stephanie Machado and her staff went the extra mile to ensure I got the best rate on the home of my dreams!