GMFS Mortgage Home Purchase Process
- Work with a GMFS Mortgage Loan Officer to get Prequalified, Start an Application or Request a Free Consultation
- Partner with a Realtor to search for your dream home armed with a prequalification letter or preapproval letter from GMFS Mortgage
- Get contract on home to be purchased
- Contact Your GMFS Mortgage Loan Officer to start loan process
- Home appraised by certified third party appraiser to determine collateral value of the property
- GMFS Mortgage reviews loan with appraised value in mind
- GMFS Mortgage approves loan and declares loan is “Cleared to Close”
- Closing date is scheduled with typical attendees including borrowers, realtors, title company and attorney (Lenders are not required to attend as they typically have multiple customers closing on the same day).
- You will be provided a Closing Disclosure (CD) form prior to the actual Closing date
- During the Closing, the final documents are signed and all closing costs are paid–which then makes you the official owner of the home!
— OR —
GMFS Mortgage Refinance Process
- Get Your Free-No-Obligation Consultation
Contact a GMFS Mortgage Loan Officer to start the Refi process today!
Resources from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
- “Your Home Loan Toolkit” This CFPB booklet takes you from budgeting to closing with worksheets, checklists, and conversation starters. Note: All home purchase mortgage applicants get a copy.
- Sample Loan Estimate (LE) document CFPB explains how this standard, required form, provided by your lender makes it easier to compare loan offers.
- Sample Closing Disclosure (CD) document CFPB explains how this standard, required form, provided by your lender helps avoid surprises at closing.
- Additional home financing resources available at CFPB’s “Know Before You Owe” site
MISSION & RESOURCES
Whether you purchase, build, renovate, or refinance your home—the mission of your GMFS Mortgage Loan Officer is to use their experience to help you find the right home financing solution. We offer Conventional, Jumbo and Government mortgage programs such as FHA loans, VA loans (Veterans) and USDA loans (Rural Development). We also offer 100% financing home loan options.
GMFS Mortgage Resources:
WHY GMFS MORTGAGE?
- Since 1999, over 89,000 customers in 23 states
- $14.9 billion in residential mortgage funding
- 5 Star Customer Reviews
- Processing, underwriting, and closing under same roof
- BBB accredited with A+ rating
- BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Trust
- #1 Rural Development lender in Louisiana per USDA (2015 & 2016)
- Branches in AL, GA, LA, MS, & TX
- Rated as a “Best Places to Work”
- Community Support