Young Entrepreneurs Academy of Baton Rouge
GMFS is proud to be a founding sponsor of YEA BR!
Young Entrepreneurs Academy of Baton Rouge (YEA BR, www.yeabr.org) is a national after school program that transforms high school students into confident entrepreneurs. A program of the Baton Rouge Area Chamber, 8-12th grade students from the nine-parish Baton Rouge Area work with LSU E. J. Ourso College of Business professors and local entrepreneurs to start and run their own businesses.
Throughout the academic year, select students create business plans, file their companies with the Secretary of State’s office, pitch their plans to an investor panel for seed funding, and launch their own companies. Moreover, high school students who graduate from the Academy may be eligible for LSU credit.
This year’s class launches in September in a virtual format, with classes held via Zoom. Students will benefit from lively group discussions, guest speakers, mentors, breakout sessions, and virtual field trips.
Benefits for YEA BR students include:
– Learn from proven, successful entrepreneurs and mentors
– Write and pitch a business plan
– Develop a brand by creating a company logo and website
– Learn from area businesses through field trips and guest speakers
– Graduate with a certificate in entrepreneurship
– High school student graduates qualify for LSU credit
Additional information is available online:
– Website with application: www.yeabr.org
– Student pitch videos: www.yeabr.org/successes
– One page printable summaries:
— For students: http://bit.ly/yeabrforstudents
— For businesses: http://bit.ly/yeabrforbusinesses
Please help us reach creative, driven students who are ready to stand out from the crowd. Refer students to the Academy at: www.yeabr.org/refer, and encourage them to apply today at www.yeabr.org/apply. The application deadline is August 21.
Help YEA BR unlock the potential of young, aspiring entrepreneurs, contributing to a culture of innovation throughout the Baton Rouge Area. Please spread the word!