VISA Types on Conforming Loans
CategoriesNews & Awards
GMFS is Now Accepting all VISA Types on Conforming Loans
Borrowers must meet the following requirements:
- Each borrower on the loan must have a valid Social Security number
- Each borrower must have a valid VISA
- Employment authorization document (EAD) or an acceptable I-797* Notice of Action, or other documentation showing he/she is legally present in the US.
- Any visa, or other document, expiring within 90 days must have either previous renewal history or documentation showing application for extension.
The following non-immigrants are ineligible for financing:
- Foreign Nationals (Non-Resident Aliens)
- Non-permanent resident aliens as non-occupying co-borrowers
- Non-US citizens with no lawful residency in the US.
- People with diplomatic immunity