Purchase Advantage powered by CAFA – Louisiana Homeownership Grant
Purchase Advantage powered by CAFA is a unique program to jump-start Louisiana homeownership through the benefit of a non-repayable homebuyers grant of up to 4% of the original mortgage amount to eligible homebuyer families in eligible parishes. The non-repayable grant is provided by Capital Area Finance Authority (CAFA).
- More than 30 authorized Louisiana parishes are eligible for the Purchase Advantage home ownership grant program *
- Income limits to determine eligibility vary by parish and scenario, sometimes resulting in no income limits *
- Eligible for primary residence only
- Eligible for first time homebuyer or repeat buyer
Benefits of Purchase Advantage
- Non-repayable homebuyers grant up to 4% of the original mortgage amount
- Options to use grant towards down payment, closing costs, etc.
- 30 year Fixed Rate
Eligible Louisiana Parishes
Acadia, Allen, Ascension, Assumption, Avoyelles, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Evangeline, Franklin, Iberia, Iberville, Jackson, Jefferson, Jefferson Davis, Lafayette, Lafourche, Livingston, Ouachita, Point Coupee, St. Bernard, St. Helena, St. Landry, St. Martin, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Terrebonne, West Baton Rouge, and West Feliciana.
* The percent of downpayment assistance offered is dependent on the interest rate selected by the borrower. Approved parishes and income limits are established by CAFA and subject to change.
Made the home buying loan process easy! Great team helped me every step of the way and got me the best loan that fit my needs.
Rebecca B. GMFS Mortgage Customer
Tuesday September 4, 2018
I was a first time home buyer so I had many questions. They were able to walk me through and explain everything about the different loan options I had and led me in the best direction for us. I was very pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone looking to purchase a home.
Aaron F. GMFS Mortgage Customer
Wednesday August 15, 2018
Bryan L. GMFS Mortgage Customer
Monday August 13, 2018
Armand L. GMFS Mortgage Customer
Monday August 6, 2018
My wife and I had an amazing experience with GMFS Mortgage! Michelle Acosta was who we dealt with the most,and she was phenomenal! She was informative, helpful, considerate, and proffesional! She was with us from day one assisting us with a plan to prepare for qualifying, send us workups on what to expect to pay for houses we liked,and answering any questions we had about costs, fees, and anything else that popped up. Miranda Gref was also extremely helpful in ensuring we had all of our I’m dotted and it’s crossed at the end. Our closing took 35 minutes because of the work that Michelle, Miranda and the entire GMFS team did to make sure that everything was in order! I can’t say enough!
Joey G. GMFS Mortgage Customer
Wednesday August 1, 2018