Purchase Advantage powered by CAFA is a unique program to jump-start Louisiana homeownership through the benefit of a non-repayable homebuyers grant of up to 4% of the original mortgage amount to eligible homebuyer families in eligible parishes. The non-repayable grant is provided by Capital Area Finance Authority (CAFA).
- Eligible in 28 authorized Louisiana parishes
- Income limits to determine eligibility vary by parish and scenario, sometimes resulting in no income limits
- Eligible for primary residence only
- Eligible for first time homebuyer or repeat buyer
Benefits of Purchase Advantage
- Non-repayable homebuyers grant up to 4% of the original mortgage amount
- Options to use grant towards down payment, closing costs, etc.
- 30 year Fixed Rate
Purchase Advantage Eligible Louisiana Parishes
Acadia, Allen, Ascension, Assumption, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron, East Baton Rouge, Evangeline, Franklin, Iberia, Iberville, Jefferson, Jefferson Davis, Lafayette, Lafourche, Livingston, Ouachita, Point Coupee, St. Bernard, St. Helena, St. Landry, St. Martin, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Terrebonne, West Baton Rouge, and West Feliciana.
Over 89,000 customers and $14.9 billion in residential mortgage funding in 23 states
Processing, underwriting, and closing under same roof means smooth & predictable closings
A+ rating with BBB and winner of Torch Award for Marketplace Trust
GMFS staff has an avg. of 14+ years of mortgage industry experience