GMFS Mortgage Named One of Best Places to Work in Baton Rouge… Again!
We did it again! The Greater Baton Rouge Business Report has once again named GMFS as one of the Best Places to Work in Baton Rouge, Louisiana! GMFS Mortgage was also named a Best Places to Work in 2016.
This survey and awards program was created in 2014 to identify, recognize and honor the best places of employment in Baton Rouge, benefiting its economy, its workforce and businesses.
To be considered for participation, companies had to fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
- Have at least 15 employees working in Baton Rouge
- Be a for-profit or not-for-profit business
- Be a publicly or privately held business or government entity/municipality
- Have a facility in Baton Rouge
- Must be in business a minimum of 1 year
The rankings of the winning companies were released October 11th and GMFS Mortgage ranked 4th out of 50 in the Large Baton Rouge, LA companies category! See the full list of 2017 Best Places to Work winners for Baton Rouge, LA companies with 250 or more U.S. employees.
Three Things GMFS Employees Love:
- Annual employee crawfish boil and anniversary party
- Company actively responds to employees facing hardships
- Company actively supports the Baton Rouge community
Top Employee Incentive or Bonus Programs:
- Substantial company-wide bonuses to personnel upon obtaining company goals
- Top performers and their significant others qualify for all-expense-paid trip to a resort
- Employees earn production and quality-based commissions and bonsuses
- First corporate sponsor of Mary Bird Perkins – a donation is made for each closed loan
- Volunteer and donate to Revive 225, Rebuilding Together Baton Rouge and Habitat for Humanity
- Assist the disadvantaged through the Employee Jeans Fund and Teens for Jeans
Companies from across the region entered the two-part process to determine the Best Places to Work in Baton Rouge. The first part consisted of evaluating each company’s workplace policies, practices, and demographics. This part of the process was worth approximately 25% of the total evaluation. The second part consisted of an employee survey to measure the employee experience. This part of the process was worth approximately 75% of the total evaluation. The combined scores determined the top companies and the final rankings. Best Companies Group managed the overall registration and survey process in Baton Rouge and also analyzed the data and used their expertise to determine the final rankings.